1. User Agreement: By using this Service, you agree to be bound by all of the terms of this Agreement (the “User Agreement”). We reserve the right to change the terms of this User Agreement or to modify any features of this Service at any time without notice to you, and you agree to be bound by such changes. Any changes to this User Agreement shall become a part of this User Agreement and shall apply as soon as they are posted. The most current version of the User Agreement can be viewed at any time at: Cherlie.com Your use of this Service constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions and policies. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features or functionality that augment or enhance the Service, shall be subject to this User Agreement.
2. Modification. Cherlie reserves the right, at any time, to modify, suspend, or discontinue the site or any part thereof with or without notice. You agree that Cherlie will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the service.
3. Copyrights. Excluding your User Content (defined below), This Service (including, without limitation, text, photographs, graphics, video and audio content) is protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries. All individual articles, content and other elements comprising this Service are also copyrighted works. You must abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in this Service. By posting content on the Service, a user is giving Cherlie the right to display such content on the Service and its affiliated publications and to distribute such content and use such content for promotional and marketing purposes.
(a) Unless expressly permitted, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any part of this Service, except that you may download material from this Service for your own personal use as follows: you may make one print copy that is limited to occasional articles of personal interest only. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you may not distribute any part of this Service over any network, including, without limitation, a local area network, nor sell or offer it for sale. In addition, these files may not be used to construct any kind of database. (b) We are concerned about the integrity of our Service when it is viewed in a setting created by a third party that includes advertising or other materials that we have not authorized to be displayed with our Service. Neither you nor any third party shall make use of the contents of the Service in any manner that constitutes an infringement of our rights, including copyright or that has not been authorized by us.
4. User Content
4.1 User Content. “User Content” means any and all information and content that a user submits to, or uses with, the Covered Sites (e.g., photos, audio, video, messages, text, files, or other content you provide us). You are solely responsible for your User Content. You assume all risks associated with use of your User Content, including any reliance on its accuracy, completeness or usefulness by others, or any disclosure of your User Content that makes you or any third party personally identifiable. You hereby represent and warrant that your User Content does not violate the Acceptable Use Policy (defined below). You may not state or imply that your User Content is in any way provided, sponsored or endorsed by Cherlie. Because you alone are responsible for your User Content (and not Cherlie, you may expose yourself to liability if, for example, your User Content violates the Acceptable Use Policy. Cherlie is not obligated to backup any User Content and User Content may be deleted at anytime. You are solely responsible for creating backup copies of your User Content if you desire. Under no circumstance will Cherlie be liable for any inaccuracy or defect in any User Content.
4.2 License. You hereby grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Cherlie an irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free and fully paid, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and perform, prepare derivative works of, incorporate into other works, and otherwise use your User Content, and to grant sublicenses of the foregoing, for any lawful purpose. You agree to irrevocably waive (and cause to be waived) any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your User Content.
4.3 Acceptable Use Policy.The following sets forth Cherlie’s “Acceptable Use Policy“:(a) You agree not to post, email, or otherwise make available User Content:
- that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, pornographic, libelous, or invasive of another’s privacy, or harmful to minors in any way;
- that harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent.
- that is false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, misinformative, constitute “bait and switch” or impersonation of any person or entity;
- that contains your own or a third party’s advertising, branding or promotional content;
- that is unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of duplicative or unsolicited messages, whether commercial or otherwise;
- that violates any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right;
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Cherlie sites or the Cherlie services offered on them;
- that includes your personal information, such as telephone number, street address, last name, URL or email address;
- that is a “cut and paste” of private messages from other users;
- that re-broadcasts any User Content that violates these terms; or
- that is in violation of any law, regulation, or obligations or restrictions imposed by any third party.
(b) In addition, you agree not to use the Covered Sites to:
- upload, transmit, or distribute any computer viruses, worms, or any software intended to damage or alter a computer system or data;
- harvest, collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding other users, including e-mail addresses, without their consent;
- interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on servers or networks connected to the Covered Sites or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Covered Sites, other computer systems or networks connected to or used together with the Covered Sites, through password mining or other means;
- tamper with any copyright protection mechanisms applicable to content on any Covered Sites;
- introduce software or automated agents or scripts to the Covered Sites so as to produce multiple accounts, generate automated searches, requests and queries, or to strip, scrape, or mine data from the Covered Sites (except that we grant the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials).
4.4 Enforcement. We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to review any User Content, investigate, and/or take appropriate action against you in our sole discretion if you violate the Acceptable Use Policy or any other provision of this Agreement or otherwise create liability for us or any other person. Such acts may include removing or modifying your User Content, terminating your User Information, and/or reporting you to law enforcement authorities. If Cherlie elects to modify User Content, Cherlie nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the User Content.
5. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold Cherlie (and its officers, employees, contractors, and agents) harmless, including costs and attorneys’ fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of (a) your use of the Covered Sites, (b) your User Content, (c) your violation of this Agreement; or (d) your violation of applicable laws or regulations. Cherlie reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of Cherlie. Cherlie will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
THIS SERVICE IS AVAILABLE “AS IS.” WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS AND INACCURACIES IN THE NEWS, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SERVICE. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THIS SERVICE OR ANY INFORMATION OR GOODS THAT ARE AVAILABLE OR ADVERTISED OR SOLD THROUGH THIS SERVICE.
DUE TO THE INHERENT NATURE OF THE INTERNET, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT INFORMATION, DURING TRANSMISSION THROUGH THE INTERNET OR WHILE STORED ON OUR SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE IN OUR CARE, WILL BE ABSOLUTELY SAFE FROM INTRUSION BY OTHERS, SUCH AS HACKERS. CHERLIE ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR ANY ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMMUNICATIONS LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR ALTERATION OF, ANY USER CONTENT. CHERLIE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS OR TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION OF ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK OR LINES, COMPUTER ONLINE SYSTEMS, SERVERS OR PROVIDERS, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, OR FAILURE OF ANY EMAIL DUE TO TECHNICAL PROBLEMS OR TRAFFIC CONGESTION ON THE INTERNET OR ON ANY OF THE COVERED SITES OR COMBINATION THEREOF, INCLUDING ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO USERS OR TO ANY PERSON’S COMPUTER RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN ANY ACTIVITIES ON THE COVERED SITES OR DOWNLOADING MATERIALS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT IF YOU DOWNLOAD ANY MATERIAL, YOU DO SO AT YOUR SOLE RISK. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL CHERLIE BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM USE OF THE COVERED SITES, ANY CONTENT POSTED ON OR THROUGH THE COVERED SITES, OR CONDUCT OF ANY USERS OF THE COVERED SITES, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE. WE CAN, WHENEVER WE WANT, EDIT OR DELETE ANY CONTENT DISPLAYED ON THE COVERED SITES. YOU USE THE COVERED SITES AT YOUR OWN RISK. SOME AREAS OF OUR COVERED SITES OFFER ADVICE FROM A VARIETY OF PROVIDERS, WHO MAY BE AFFILIATED WITH CHERLIE OR MEMBER OF THE USER COMMUNITY; SUCH ADVICE IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT ONLY AND NOT AS TREATMENT OR REMEDY FOR AN INDIVIDUAL CIRCUMSTANCE. CHERLIE CANNOT GUARANTEE AND DOES NOT PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF THE COVERED SITES.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
7. Third Party Sites & Ads. The Covered Sites might contain links to third party websites, services, and advertisements for third parties (collectively, “Third Party Sites & Ads“). Such Third Party Sites & Ads are not under the control of Cherlie and Cherlie is not responsible for any Third Party Sites & Ads. Cherlie provides these Third Party Sites & Ads only as a convenience and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third Party Sites & Ads. You use all Third Party Sites & Ads at your own risk. When you link to a Third Party Site & Ad, the applicable third party’s terms and policies apply, including the third party’s privacy and data gathering practices. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction in connection with such Third Party Sites & Ads.
8. Copyright Policy. In accordance with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 USC sec. 512, If you believe your copyright has been infringed, you may provide us with notice. To be effective, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, including an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
We may give notice to our users that we have received a notice of infringement by means of a general notice on our site, electronic mail to a user’s e-mail address in our records, or by written communication sent by first-class mail to a user’s physical address in our records. If you receive such a notice, you may provide counter-notification in writing to the designated agent that includes the information below. To be effective, the counter-notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement from you under the penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for the judicial district in which our offices are located, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.
If we become aware that any of our users has repeatedly infringed the proprietary rights of any third party, it is our policy to take steps to terminate that user’s access to our Covered Sites.
10. Legal Compliance: You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
BY CONTINUING TO USE THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.